top of page

Philippine Government Installs Solar Panels in 9 Public Schools

Nine public schools in Makati City now have solar panels as a result of the local government's shift to renewable energy.

San Antonio National High School, Makati High School, East Rembo Elementary School, Makati Elementary School, Pembo Elementary School, San Antonio Village Elementary School, Nicanor Garcia Elementary School, Tibagan High School, and Rizal Elementary School were listed as the first nine schools to install solar panels, according to a statement from Makati Mayor Abby Binay.

25 public elementary and high schools will switch to using solar energy as part of the local government's renewable energy shift program.

In order to achieve our goal of building a more sustainable and resilient city, using solar panels in schools is just one step in that direction, according to Binay. "By investing in solar panels for our public schools, we are taking a step towards a greener, more sustainable future for our beloved city," Binay said.

By using solar energy, the project intends to lower energy expenses and consumption in schools.

San Antonio National High School claimed that 88% (3644 kWh) of its most recent electricity usage came from solar energy generated, and the remaining 12% (498 kWh) came from the electric distribution utility firm, according to Binay.

Fort Bonifacio High School, Guadalupe Viejo Elementary School, Gen. Pio del Pilar National High School, Bangkal Elementary School-Main, Benigno "Ninoy" S. Aquino High School, and Pitogo Primary School are now undergoing solar panel installations.

According to Binay, the project's subsequent phase will include ten additional public schools in the city.

She said that Makati is promoting environmentally friendly transportation strategies, like as the smart public transportation system.

The project entails the creation of a public transportation master plan, a public transportation information and communications technology (ICT) system, a prototype electric vehicle (EV) bus service, the construction of an EV bus depot, and the development of capacity among city officials and staff.

7 views0 comments
bottom of page